Search for homes in Oakley in the form below or view the current listings in Oakley here.
The City of Oakley has grown enormously since it officially became a city in 1999. The exploding growth between the 1970’s and 1999 was, and continues to be primarily because of relatively affordable home prices. However, there are other reasons to come here too.
The city motto is “A Place for Families in the Heart of the Delta.” With its continuing rapid growth, a focus on families remains all important. Oakley is an old English name meaning a “meadow of oak trees.” That’s what the first settlers found here. How Oakley got this name will be revealed a bit later on.
All the amenities are here for families; schools, shopping, recreation and more. The location is good for travel to just about any destination. The primary commute traffic is in the western direction on Highway 4 towards San Francisco and San Francisco Bay Area destinations. The nearly completed Highway improvement project is making that trip much easier and quicker. Travel north on Highway 160 will take you to Sacramento as well as to Sacramento/San Joaquin River Delta destinations. East will take you to the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the Gold Country.
The San Joaquin River with the Big Break Regional Shoreline Park and Bethel Island border Oakley on the north. On the east are more Delta areas. South is Brentwood and Knightsen and west is the city of Antioch.
With marina facilities and easy access to the river, Oakley is also a destination for families who love boating, kayaking, and other watersports.
There’s still plenty of farming in and around Oakley. Fresh from the farm produce is readily available locally from the farm stands where it is grown. Local wines are available from several wineries as well. The ancient wine vineyards, many of which are right in town are especially beautiful.
The weather is great! Being right on the river allows Oakley to be a bit cooler during the hot summer months than other locations further from the water. The climate is temperate with a cool rainy season in the fall and winter and a warm dry season in the spring and summer. Freezing temperatures happen occasionally but never very far below freezing and never for very long.
So how did Oakley get its name? It could have easily been “Dewey.” At the turn of the 20th century, the community founder Randolph Marsh and his friend J.T. Whightman were having a disagreement over what name to use. Marsh wanted the name “Dewey” after Admiral Dewey of Spanish-American War fame. Whightman preferred the old English “Oakley.” They decided to settle the matter with a game of cribbage. The winner would get to name the town and the loser would get to name the first streets.
Whightman won the game and the name was thereafter “Oakley.” Marsh chose the first street names Main, Acme, Ruby, Star, and Home. The first letters spelling the name “Marsh.” Look for them when you come to town!
Current Real Estate Listings in Oakley California
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 2/20/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $698,0003 beds, 4 baths1,379 sqftMLS 40853945
- $1,225,0004 beds, 3 baths2,585 sqft lot 9,147 sqftMLS 40853943
- $469,9002 beds, 2 baths1,240 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 40853938
- $1,075,0003 beds, 3 baths2,023 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40853933
- $1,539,0005 beds, 4 baths3,125 sqft lot 11,325 sqftMLS 40853930
- $1,025,0004 beds, 3 baths2,561 sqft lot 6,969 sqftMLS 40853928
- $1,480,0004 beds, 3 baths2,389 sqft lot 21,780 sqftMLS 40853927
- $699,0004 beds, 2 baths1,892 sqft lot 10,890 sqftMLS 40853926
- $549,9504 beds, 3 baths2,084 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40853925
- $714,9004 beds, 3 baths2,748 sqft lot 9,583 sqftMLS 40853924
- $1,359,0005 beds, 5 baths3,148 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40853918
- $925,0002 beds, 3 baths1,964 sqft lot 3,920 sqftMLS 40853917
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,763 sqftMLS 40853913
- $1,499,0004 beds, 3 baths2,423 sqft lot 17,859 sqftMLS 40853912
- $277,5005 beds, 3 baths2,487 sqft lot 12,196 sqftMLS 27244808
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,623 sqft lot 1,306 sqftMLS 27244768
- $186,5005 beds, 3 baths2,145 sqft lot 4,791 sqftMLS 27243617
- $148,5003 beds, 2 baths1,481 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 27242659
- $515,0004 beds, 3 baths3,488 sqft lot 1.03 acMLS 27502201
- $187,5004 beds, 3 baths2,132 sqft lot 7,405 sqftMLS 27329591
- $400,0005 beds, 4 baths3,189 sqft lot 10,890 sqftMLS 27329488
- $150,9503 beds, 2 baths1,372 sqft lot 5,227 sqftMLS 27329500
- $109,9503 beds, 1 bath1,053 sqft lot 6,098 sqftMLS 27329124
- $341,0004 beds, 3 baths1,972 sqft lot 11,761 sqftMLS 27245482
- $105,0003 beds, 2 baths1,171 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 27245388
This IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.