Search for homes in Oakley in the form below or view the current listings in Oakley here.
The City of Oakley has grown enormously since it officially became a city in 1999. The exploding growth between the 1970’s and 1999 was, and continues to be primarily because of relatively affordable home prices. However, there are other reasons to come here too.
The city motto is “A Place for Families in the Heart of the Delta.” With its continuing rapid growth, a focus on families remains all important. Oakley is an old English name meaning a “meadow of oak trees.” That’s what the first settlers found here. How Oakley got this name will be revealed a bit later on.
All the amenities are here for families; schools, shopping, recreation and more. The location is good for travel to just about any destination. The primary commute traffic is in the western direction on Highway 4 towards San Francisco and San Francisco Bay Area destinations. The nearly completed Highway improvement project is making that trip much easier and quicker. Travel north on Highway 160 will take you to Sacramento as well as to Sacramento/San Joaquin River Delta destinations. East will take you to the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the Gold Country.
The San Joaquin River with the Big Break Regional Shoreline Park and Bethel Island border Oakley on the north. On the east are more Delta areas. South is Brentwood and Knightsen and west is the city of Antioch.
With marina facilities and easy access to the river, Oakley is also a destination for families who love boating, kayaking, and other watersports.
There’s still plenty of farming in and around Oakley. Fresh from the farm produce is readily available locally from the farm stands where it is grown. Local wines are available from several wineries as well. The ancient wine vineyards, many of which are right in town are especially beautiful.
The weather is great! Being right on the river allows Oakley to be a bit cooler during the hot summer months than other locations further from the water. The climate is temperate with a cool rainy season in the fall and winter and a warm dry season in the spring and summer. Freezing temperatures happen occasionally but never very far below freezing and never for very long.
So how did Oakley get its name? It could have easily been “Dewey.” At the turn of the 20th century, the community founder Randolph Marsh and his friend J.T. Whightman were having a disagreement over what name to use. Marsh wanted the name “Dewey” after Admiral Dewey of Spanish-American War fame. Whightman preferred the old English “Oakley.” They decided to settle the matter with a game of cribbage. The winner would get to name the town and the loser would get to name the first streets.
Whightman won the game and the name was thereafter “Oakley.” Marsh chose the first street names Main, Acme, Ruby, Star, and Home. The first letters spelling the name “Marsh.” Look for them when you come to town!
Current Real Estate Listings in Oakley California
- Lot Size1,501.00 acHome Size1,501 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size7,222 sqftHome Size1,167 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths2 baths
- Lot Size43,560 sqftHome Size1,872 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths3 baths
- Lot Size6,882 sqftHome Size2,224 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths3 baths
- Lot Size6,534 sqftHome Size2,041 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths2 baths
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 12/19/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $329,5003 beds, 2 baths1,501 sqft lot 1,501.00 acMLS 40848409
- 5 beds, 3 baths3,282 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40848406
- $1,099,9995 beds, 2 baths2,547 sqft lot 11,935 sqftMLS 40848403
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,215 sqftMLS 40453479
- 2 beds, 2 baths950 sqft lot 1,742 sqftMLS 40848401
- $799,9463 beds, 3 baths1,631 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 40848397
- $565,0003 beds, 3 baths2,100 sqft lot 5,793 sqftMLS 40848390
- $385,0003 beds, 2 baths1,167 sqft lot 7,222 sqftMLS 40848386
- $449,5004 beds, 3 baths1,872 sqft lot 43,560 sqftMLS 40848384
- $489,3004 beds, 3 baths1,960 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 40848383
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,910 sqftMLS 10244363
- $127,5003 beds, 2 baths1,265 sqftMLS 27329247
- $185,5004 beds, 2 baths2,812 sqft lot 4,791 sqftMLS 27328985
- $156,4004 beds, 2 baths1,837 sqft lot 4,356 sqftMLS 27327858
- $135,0003 beds, 2 baths1,812 sqft lot 10,018 sqftMLS 27327675
- $111,0002 beds, 1 bath792 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 27237546
- $160,0002 beds, 1 bath1,427 sqft lot 38,768 sqftMLS 27236358
- $306,0004 beds, 4 baths3,333 sqft lot 10,018 sqftMLS 25321087
- $323,5004 beds, 3 baths2,240 sqftMLS 10598874
- $349,0004 beds, 2 baths2,210 sqftMLS 10597843
- $173,0003 beds, 2 baths1,300 sqftMLS 10241252
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,016 sqftMLS 10326331
- $184,5003 beds, 2 baths1,249 sqftMLS 10594545
- $129,9503 beds, 2 baths1,196 sqftMLS 10242948
- $450,0006 beds, 3 baths3,020 sqft lot 5,231 sqftMLS 40611824
- 1 bed, 1 bath560 sqftMLS 40682233
- $410,0003 beds, 2 baths1,652 sqft lot 7,950 sqftMLS 40652289
- $260,0003 beds, 2 baths1,176 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 40636190
- $287,9993 beds, 2 baths1,175 sqft lot 6,098 sqftMLS 40635629
This IDX Solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2018.