Search for homes in Oakley in the form below or view the current listings in Oakley here.
The City of Oakley has grown enormously since it officially became a city in 1999. The exploding growth between the 1970’s and 1999 was, and continues to be primarily because of relatively affordable home prices. However, there are other reasons to come here too.
The city motto is “A Place for Families in the Heart of the Delta.” With its continuing rapid growth, a focus on families remains all important. Oakley is an old English name meaning a “meadow of oak trees.” That’s what the first settlers found here. How Oakley got this name will be revealed a bit later on.
All the amenities are here for families; schools, shopping, recreation and more. The location is good for travel to just about any destination. The primary commute traffic is in the western direction on Highway 4 towards San Francisco and San Francisco Bay Area destinations. The nearly completed Highway improvement project is making that trip much easier and quicker. Travel north on Highway 160 will take you to Sacramento as well as to Sacramento/San Joaquin River Delta destinations. East will take you to the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the Gold Country.
The San Joaquin River with the Big Break Regional Shoreline Park and Bethel Island border Oakley on the north. On the east are more Delta areas. South is Brentwood and Knightsen and west is the city of Antioch.
With marina facilities and easy access to the river, Oakley is also a destination for families who love boating, kayaking, and other watersports.
There’s still plenty of farming in and around Oakley. Fresh from the farm produce is readily available locally from the farm stands where it is grown. Local wines are available from several wineries as well. The ancient wine vineyards, many of which are right in town are especially beautiful.
The weather is great! Being right on the river allows Oakley to be a bit cooler during the hot summer months than other locations further from the water. The climate is temperate with a cool rainy season in the fall and winter and a warm dry season in the spring and summer. Freezing temperatures happen occasionally but never very far below freezing and never for very long.
So how did Oakley get its name? It could have easily been “Dewey.” At the turn of the 20th century, the community founder Randolph Marsh and his friend J.T. Whightman were having a disagreement over what name to use. Marsh wanted the name “Dewey” after Admiral Dewey of Spanish-American War fame. Whightman preferred the old English “Oakley.” They decided to settle the matter with a game of cribbage. The winner would get to name the town and the loser would get to name the first streets.
Whightman won the game and the name was thereafter “Oakley.” Marsh chose the first street names Main, Acme, Ruby, Star, and Home. The first letters spelling the name “Marsh.” Look for them when you come to town!
Current Real Estate Listings in Oakley California
- $545,000 : 5073 Winchester Dr, OAKLEY3 beds, 2 baths
- $639,000 : 5380 Tule Tree Ln, OAKLEY4 beds, 2 baths
- $439,000 : 1279 W CYPRESS RD, OAKLEY3 beds, 2 baths
- $325,000 : 314 E Home St, OAKLEY2 beds, 1 bath
- $599,995 : 6171 Everlasting Way, OAKLEY4 beds, 3 baths
- $599,000 : 122 Picasso, OAKLEY5 beds, 3 baths
- $525,000 : 1349 Yosemite Cir, OAKLEY5 beds, 4 baths
- $375,000 : 612 Country Lane, OAKLEY3 beds, 3 baths
- $435,000 : 1870 Santa Fe Street, OAKLEY3 beds, 2 baths
- $482,000 : 2123 Harborage Way, OAKLEY3 beds, 2 baths
- $424,888 : 378 Hazelnut Ln, OAKLEY3 beds, 3 baths
- $375,000 : 1640 Edgewood Dr, OAKLEY3 beds, 2 baths
- $789,900 : 161 Omega Ln, OAKLEY5 beds, 3 baths
- $424,900 : 4238 Sequoia Dr, OAKLEY3 beds, 2 baths
- $650,000 : 22 Bayberry Ct, OAKLEY5 beds, 4 baths
- $125,000 : 110 Raye Ave, OAKLEY2 beds, 1 bath
- $789,950 : 109 Lariat Ct, OAKLEY4 beds, 3 baths
- $460,000 : 1905 Sherry Circle, OAKLEY3 beds, 3 baths
- $415,000 : 4705 Duarte Ave., OAKLEY2 beds, 2 baths
- $389,900 : 1591 Gamay Cir, OAKLEY3 beds, 2 baths
See all Homes for Sale in city of Oakley, CA.
(all data current as of 5/24/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $390,0004 beds, 2 baths1,828 sqft lot 6,398 sqftMLS 40823155
- $935,0004 beds, 2 baths1,899 sqft lot 12,632 sqftMLS 40823147
- $200,0003 beds, 2 baths1,240 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40823142
- $955,0005 beds, 4 baths3,240 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 40823140
- $850,0003 beds, 4 baths1,692 sqft lot 2,236 sqftMLS 40823134
- $545,0003 beds, 2 baths1,972 sqft lot 6,969 sqftMLS 40823132
- $449,0003 beds, 3 baths1,761 sqft lot 5,662 sqftMLS 40823130
- $1,149,0004 beds, 2 baths2,137 sqft lot 10,454 sqftMLS 40823129
- $135,0007 beds, 3 baths2,744 sqftMLS 10588381
- 2 beds, 1 bath1,039 sqftMLS 10587082
- $172,5004 beds, 2 baths1,703 sqftMLS 10449406
- $539,0003 beds, 3 baths99 sqftMLS 10230720
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,450 sqftMLS 10230356
- 1 bed, 1 bath638 sqftMLS 10230133
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,364 sqftMLS 10230020
- $569,9905 beds, 4 baths3,429 sqftMLS 10229854
- 5 beds, 4 baths3,800 sqftMLS 10229832
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,049 sqftMLS 10229647
- $485,0003 beds, 2 baths1,957 sqftMLS 10229353
- $485,0003 beds, 2 baths1,957 sqftMLS 10225622
- $212,0004 beds, 2 baths1,709 sqftMLS 10224558
- 1 bed, 1 bath715 sqftMLS 10220155
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,569 sqftMLS 10218419
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,157 sqftMLS 10228132
- $277,0503 beds, 2 baths1,242 sqftMLS 10229674
- $159,5004 beds, 2 baths1,482 sqftMLS 10227531
- $157,9502 beds, 3 baths1,152 sqftMLS 10229720
- $183,0003 beds, 2 baths1,404 sqftMLS 10230228
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,796 sqftMLS 10229157
- $256,5003 beds, 3 baths1,500 sqft lot 2,613 sqftMLS 27230166
This IDX Solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2018.