Search for homes in Oakley in the form below or view the current listings in Oakley here.
The City of Oakley has grown enormously since it officially became a city in 1999. The exploding growth between the 1970’s and 1999 was, and continues to be primarily because of relatively affordable home prices. However, there are other reasons to come here too.
The city motto is “A Place for Families in the Heart of the Delta.” With its continuing rapid growth, a focus on families remains all important. Oakley is an old English name meaning a “meadow of oak trees.” That’s what the first settlers found here. How Oakley got this name will be revealed a bit later on.
All the amenities are here for families; schools, shopping, recreation and more. The location is good for travel to just about any destination. The primary commute traffic is in the western direction on Highway 4 towards San Francisco and San Francisco Bay Area destinations. The nearly completed Highway improvement project is making that trip much easier and quicker. Travel north on Highway 160 will take you to Sacramento as well as to Sacramento/San Joaquin River Delta destinations. East will take you to the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the Gold Country.
The San Joaquin River with the Big Break Regional Shoreline Park and Bethel Island border Oakley on the north. On the east are more Delta areas. South is Brentwood and Knightsen and west is the city of Antioch.
With marina facilities and easy access to the river, Oakley is also a destination for families who love boating, kayaking, and other watersports.
There’s still plenty of farming in and around Oakley. Fresh from the farm produce is readily available locally from the farm stands where it is grown. Local wines are available from several wineries as well. The ancient wine vineyards, many of which are right in town are especially beautiful.
The weather is great! Being right on the river allows Oakley to be a bit cooler during the hot summer months than other locations further from the water. The climate is temperate with a cool rainy season in the fall and winter and a warm dry season in the spring and summer. Freezing temperatures happen occasionally but never very far below freezing and never for very long.
So how did Oakley get its name? It could have easily been “Dewey.” At the turn of the 20th century, the community founder Randolph Marsh and his friend J.T. Whightman were having a disagreement over what name to use. Marsh wanted the name “Dewey” after Admiral Dewey of Spanish-American War fame. Whightman preferred the old English “Oakley.” They decided to settle the matter with a game of cribbage. The winner would get to name the town and the loser would get to name the first streets.
Whightman won the game and the name was thereafter “Oakley.” Marsh chose the first street names Main, Acme, Ruby, Star, and Home. The first letters spelling the name “Marsh.” Look for them when you come to town!
Current Real Estate Listings in Oakley California
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 4/20/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- 2 beds, 2 baths1,276 sqftMLS 40861930
- $875,0003 beds, 2 baths1,890 sqft lot 34,413 sqftMLS 40861929
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,211 sqft lot 6,099 sqftMLS 40861915
- $499,9903 beds, 1 bath1,028 sqft lot 6,099 sqftMLS 40861911
- $405,0003 beds, 2 baths1,433 sqft lot 5,228 sqftMLS 40861909
- $699,0004 beds, 2 baths1,892 sqft lot 10,890 sqftMLS 40861907
- $429,0003 beds, 3 baths1,150 sqft lot 3,676 sqftMLS 40861905
- $675,0004 beds, 2 baths1,840 sqft lot 7,841 sqftMLS 40861902
- $138,0004 beds, 2 baths1,431 sqft lot 5,663 sqftMLS 27329980
- $565,0004 beds, 3 baths2,751 sqftMLS 10249610
- $187,4503 beds, 2 baths1,144 sqftMLS 10503761
- $157,5003 beds, 1 bath1,200 sqftMLS 10249298
- $520,0004 beds, 3 baths2,523 sqftMLS 10248981
- $575,0004 beds, 4 baths3,200 sqftMLS 10248920
- 3 beds, 2 baths938 sqftMLS 10456133
- $164,0003 beds, 1 bath1,125 sqftMLS 10248724
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,545 sqftMLS 10246981
- $409,0004 beds, 3 baths2,548 sqftMLS 10596264
- $184,0003 beds, 2 baths1,110 sqftMLS 10503310
- $190,0004 beds, 3 baths2,245 sqftMLS 10248172
- $129,0003 beds, 1 bath1,200 sqftMLS 10246121
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,697 sqftMLS 10248016
- $104,9501 bed, 1 bath872 sqftMLS 10246045
- $529,9504 beds, 3 baths2,120 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40861897
- $659,0004 beds, 3 baths2,810 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40861894
- $355,0002 beds, 2 baths1,464 sqftMLS 10249539
- $429,0005 beds, 3 baths2,858 sqftMLS 10248520
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. This information is being provided by the Bay East MLS, or CCAR MLS, or bridgeMLS. The listings presented here may or may not be listed by the Broker/Agent operating this website. This information is intended for the personal use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated at 4/20/19 8:38 PM PDT.
This IDX Solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2019.