Search for homes in Antioch in the form below or view the current listings in Antioch here.
Antioch California is primarily known as a bedroom community. Most adults commute to the larger cities of Oakland and San Francisco. More local employers are popping up all the time, though. A pretty recent example is the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center.
Though not as large as the cities on the west side of Willow Pass, Antioch would not be considered small either. There are over 100,000 people living in Antioch and it continues to grow. Reasons for that growth are many; number one being housing costs. People from the more expensive areas to the west are moving here for the more affordable housing. There are a lot of houses in Antioch! Old Victorians from the late 1800’s and homes from every decade right up until those being built today!
The commute and other travel are undergoing constant improvement. Highway 4, the primary east-west route is in the final stages of a multi-year widening project. BART is in the process of building an extension to Antioch. Train tracks come through Antioch right along the river. The Amtrak runs on that track and stops at the Antioch Amtrak Station. Finally, the County Connection bus system serves Antioch as well.
Antioch is actually a very old town for California. It was begun by the early pioneer John Marsh in 1848 and got the name Antioch some years later after the biblical city of Antioch.
A river runs by Antioch. The San Joaquin River. Actually, the San Joaquin River and Sacramento River's join near Antioch before continuing out to San Francisco Bay. There are plenty of boat travel and recreation activities related to water of course. There are the Antioch municipal marina and other private marinas, a couple of fishing piers, boatyards, and yacht clubs.
Recreation is abundant in and around Antioch! The Antioch City Recreation Guide alone is 36 pages long! One very popular summer family activity is at the Antioch Water Park. This park is particularly well suited to small children.
To the north of the city lies Contra Loma Regional Park which borders Black Diamond Mines Regional Park. There are thousands of acres of rolling hills with miles and miles of interconnected trails. From here you will have spectacular views of Antioch and the Delta. In Contra Loma, Regional Park is the Contra Loma Reservoir with a hiking trail around the lake and connecting trails leading in many directions. There’s fishing in the reservoir and swimming in the swimming area.
Many people don’t realize that the “mines” in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park were once prosperous coal mines. There were even towns built up around these mines where immigrant coal miners from Wales made their homes. When the mines shut down, the miner’s buildings were dismantled and moved or moved intact by horse power to old town Antioch. The graveyards with their stone monuments are all that remain of the towns. Would you like to take a tour of an old coal mine? You can! Check it out!
Current Real Estate Listings in Antioch California
- $517,000 : 4073 Heaton Ct, ANTIOCH5 beds, 3 baths
- $349,800 : 100 E 16Th St, ANTIOCH3 beds, 1 bath
- $449,950 : MLS # 40823080 in ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
- $269,000 : 2257 Renwick, ANTIOCH2 beds, 2 baths
- $489,000 : 1132 Prewett Ranch Dr, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $220,000 : 1832 Paris Ln, ANTIOCH2 beds, 2 baths
- $498,900 : 1605 Yellowstone Dr, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $399,999 : 3300 Bellflower Dr, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $605,000 : 4587 Benton St, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $220,000 : 1832 Paris Lane, ANTIOCH2 beds, 2 baths
- $395,000 : 327 Texas St, ANTIOCH3 beds, 3 baths
- $410,000 : 2816 Carmona Way, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $374,000 : 110 Merrill Dr, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $439,000 : 1412 Mission Dr, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $399,000 : 1557 Jacobsen St, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $435,000 : 5050 Comanche Way, ANTIOCH3 beds, 3 baths
- $448,888 : 4956 Spur Way, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $495,000 : 3760 Pintail Dr, ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
- $650,000 : 5179 Domengine Way, ANTIOCH6 beds, 5 baths
- $499,950 : MLS # 40822621 in ANTIOCH5 beds, 3 baths
See all Homes for Sale in city of Antioch, CA.
(all data current as of 5/23/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $649,0002 beds, 2 baths1,135 sqftMLS 40823106
- 2 beds, 1 bath1,058 sqftMLS 40823101
- $517,0005 beds, 3 baths2,333 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40823092
- $1,098,0004 beds, 4 baths2,327 sqft lot 3,118 sqftMLS 40823088
- $469,0003 beds, 2 baths1,795 sqft lot 6,098 sqftMLS 40823087
- $439,0003 beds, 2 baths1,526 sqft lot 10,454 sqftMLS 40823086
- $349,8003 beds, 1 bath1,367 sqft lot 4,791 sqftMLS 40823083
- $449,9504 beds, 2 baths1,632 sqft lot 6,534 sqftMLS 40823080
- $380,0002 beds, 2 baths1,089 sqft lot 871 sqftMLS 40823078
- $978,0004 beds, 3 baths2,399 sqft lot 25,264 sqftMLS 40823079
- $599,0002 beds, 2 baths1,379 sqftMLS 40823077
- $550,0004 beds, 3 baths2,230 sqft lot 5,662 sqftMLS 40823076
- $269,0002 beds, 2 baths1,008 sqftMLS 40823074
- $899,0003 beds, 2 baths1,602 sqft lot 8,276 sqftMLS 40823073
- $1,098,0004 beds, 4 baths2,327 sqft lot 3,118 sqftMLS 52151002
- $650,0003 beds, 2 baths1,722 sqft lot 8,633 sqftMLS 52150999
- $618,0003 beds, 2 baths1,641 sqft lot 8,197 sqftMLS 40823071
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,254 sqft lot 8,276 sqftMLS 40823067
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,342 sqft lot 5,662 sqftMLS 40823066
- $699,9504 beds, 2 baths1,928 sqft lot 7,405 sqftMLS 40823064
- 1 bed, 1 bath657 sqftMLS 40823063
- $589,9002 beds, 1 bath912 sqft lot 4,356 sqftMLS 40823059
- $699,0002 beds, 3 baths1,276 sqftMLS 40823050
- $1,089,0003 beds, 3 baths1,755 sqft lot 4,356 sqftMLS 40823046
- $1,635,0003 beds, 2 baths1,963 sqft lot 15,245 sqftMLS 40823044
- 3 beds, 2 baths1,613 sqft lot 7,405 sqftMLS 40823043
- $749,0002 beds, 4 baths1,716 sqftMLS 40823042
- $1,304,9904 beds, 4 baths2,903 sqft lot 3,049 sqftMLS 40823039
- $440,0003 beds, 1 bath1,216 sqft lot 5,227 sqftMLS 40823036
- $360,0003 beds, 1 bath1,007 sqft lot 12,196 sqftMLS 40823029
This Real Estate IDX is (c) Diverse Solutions 2018.