Antioch California is primarily known as a bedroom community. Most adults commute to the larger cities of Oakland and San Francisco. More local employers are popping up all the time, though. A pretty recent example is the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center.
Though not as large as the cities on the west side of Willow Pass, Antioch would not be considered small either. There are over 100,000 people living in Antioch and it continues to grow. Reasons for that growth are many; number one being housing costs. People from the more expensive areas to the west are moving here for the more affordable housing. There are a lot of houses in Antioch! Old Victorians from the late 1800’s and homes from every decade right up until those being built today!
The commute and other travel are undergoing constant improvement. Highway 4, the primary east-west route is in the final stages of a multi-year widening project. BART is in the process of building an extension to Antioch. Train tracks come through Antioch right along the river. The Amtrak runs on that track and stops at the Antioch Amtrak Station. Finally, the County Connection bus system serves Antioch as well.
Antioch is actually a very old town for California. It was begun by the early pioneer John Marsh in 1848 and got the name Antioch some years later after the biblical city of Antioch.
A River Runs Through It
A river runs by Antioch. The San Joaquin River. Actually, the San Joaquin River and Sacramento River's join near Antioch before continuing out to San Francisco Bay. There are plenty of boat travel and recreation activities related to water of course. There are the Antioch municipal marina and other private marinas, a couple of fishing piers, boatyards, and yacht clubs.
Recreation is abundant in and around Antioch! The Antioch City Recreation Guide alone is 36 pages long! One very popular summer family activity is at the Antioch Water Park. This park is particularly well suited to small children.
To the north of the city lies Contra Loma Regional Park which borders Black Diamond Mines Regional Park. There are thousands of acres of rolling hills with miles and miles of interconnected trails. From here you will have spectacular views of Antioch and the Delta. In Contra Loma, Regional Park is the Contra Loma Reservoir with a hiking trail around the lake and connecting trails leading in many directions. There’s fishing in the reservoir and swimming in the swimming area.
Many people don’t realize that the “mines” in Black Diamond Mines Regional Park were once prosperous coal mines. There were even towns built up around these mines where immigrant coal miners from Wales made their homes. When the mines shut down, the miner’s buildings were dismantled and moved or moved intact by horsepower to old town Antioch. The graveyards with their stone monuments are all that remains of the towns. Would you like to take a tour of an old coal mine? You can! Check it out!
Current Real Estate Listings in Antioch California
- $475,000 : 4824 Chism Way, ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
- $464,900 : 5138 Pawnee Dr, ANTIOCH3 beds, 3 baths
- $470,000 : 2753 Entrada Cir, ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
- $579,999 : 1917 Iron Peak Ct, ANTIOCH5 beds, 3 baths
- $499,000 : 3105 Ponderosa Way, ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
- $450,000 : 2137 HAMLIN DR, ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
- $589,950 : 3618 Countryside Way, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $424,900 : 4248 Buckskin Drive, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $465,000 : 2373 Hilliard Cir, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $479,000 : 1112 Bond Court, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $300,000 : 710 D St, ANTIOCH3 beds, 1 bath
- $454,000 : 5128 Grass Valley Way, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $499,900 : MLS # 40842464 in ANTIOCH0 beds, 0 bath
- $375,000 : 1504 Cajon Ct, ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
- $400,000 : 3020 Filbert St, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $399,888 : 2847 Wildflower Dr, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $600,000 : 7 Alhambra Ct, ANTIOCH5 beds, 3 baths
- $385,000 : 51 S Lake Dr, ANTIOCH3 beds, 2 baths
- $540,000 : 4001 Meadow Lake St, ANTIOCH4 beds, 3 baths
- $465,000 : 3624 Longview Rd, ANTIOCH4 beds, 2 baths
See all Homes for Sale in city of Antioch, CA.
(all data current as of 10/17/2018)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
- $387,0003 beds, 3 baths1,434 sqft lot 1,742 sqftMLS 40842892
- $599,0002 beds, 1 bath1,172 sqft lot 7,405 sqftMLS 40842890
- $999,9994 beds, 3 baths2,346 sqft lot 10,454 sqftMLS 40842888
- 3 beds, 3 baths2,338 sqft lot 3,920 sqftMLS 40842887
- 4 beds, 3 baths1,928 sqft lot 6,098 sqftMLS 40842885
- $775,0004 beds, 3 baths2,232 sqft lot 12,196 sqftMLS 40842881
- $298,0001 bed, 1 bath612 sqft lot 871 sqftMLS 40842876
- $2,695,0005 beds, 5 baths5,200 sqft lot 20,037 sqftMLS 40842872
- $798,0004 beds, 3 baths1,987 sqft lot 6,098 sqftMLS 40842873
- $729,9994 beds, 2 baths1,404 sqft lot 5,227 sqftMLS 40842871
- $640,0002 beds, 3 baths1,155 sqft lot 871 sqftMLS 40842874
- $750,0002 beds, 2 baths1,364 sqft lot 3,484 sqftMLS 40842870
- $760,0004 beds, 2 baths1,409 sqft lot 8,058 sqftMLS 40842867
- $517,5004 beds, 3 baths2,332 sqft lot 8,276 sqftMLS 40842866
- $775,0004 beds, 3 baths3,859 sqft lot 20,037 sqftMLS 40842880
- $1,175,0004 beds, 3 baths2,528 sqft lot 14,810 sqftMLS 40842878
- $1,359,8084 beds, 3 baths2,907 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 40842863
- $279,0002 beds, 1 bath759 sqft lot 871 sqftMLS 40842862
- 4 beds, 3 baths2,248 sqft lot 9,999.00 acMLS 40842852
- $475,0004 beds, 2 baths1,837 sqft lot 6,098 sqftMLS 40842851
- $1,684,9004 beds, 3 baths3,475 sqft lot 10,890 sqftMLS 40842850
- $464,9003 beds, 3 baths1,382 sqft lot 5,662 sqftMLS 40842849
- $1,099,0004 beds, 3 baths2,329 sqft lot 3,750 sqftMLS 52171001
- $560,0002 beds, 3 baths2,032 sqft lot 5,662 sqftMLS 40842847
- $638,8884 beds, 2 baths1,764 sqft lot 6,969 sqftMLS 40842844
- 3 beds, 3 baths1,492 sqft lot 871 sqftMLS 40842838
- $1,899,0004 beds, 4 baths3,020 sqft lot 43,560 sqftMLS 40842837
- $661,4585 beds, 4 baths2,715 sqft lot 3,920 sqftMLS 40842835
- $1,295,0005 beds, 3 baths2,810 sqft lot 10,890 sqftMLS 40842831
- $549,0003 beds, 2 baths1,833 sqft lot 7,840 sqftMLS 40842825
This IDX Solution is (c) Diverse Solutions 2018.